Thursday, December 3, 2009

My First Time Surfing Ever

The first time I actually went surfing was this summer. I've always been keen on this sport but, you know, I more about watching movies, videos, reading about it and I've always wanted to try it out myself. This summer I did. Well, it wasn't exactly like in the movies. Actually it wasn't like that at all.


I went surfing in my own country Bulgaria which is great and all but... well, not the best choice for sufing. The first days of the camp were terrible because of the weather and I didn't even get close to a board or even to the water! I hoped that some nice company would make it better but since it was September there were hardly any people and we were a really small group - me, 2 of my friends, 2 boys our age, one smaller and one that was 6. It was fun and all with my friends but not what I sighned up for. I always have fun with them but at this camp I wanted something else, I wanted to learn how to surf and I was determened to do it.


Finally we started the training. After I had to hear the boring theory over and over again (I don't know which was worse - that I had to hear it like a million times or that I actually didn't understand much), I finally got to go into the water with a bord. I was going to windsurf so I started just with practising balance on the board (without the actual sail) and the beginning it was super fun because I was very exited. I thought like "Yee, I am finally on a board and I am going to be so good at this, this is so easy... " Well, let me just say it didn't go too well. I'm not good with keeping balance and I going to stop here so that I don't embarrass myself further in front of you.


On the next day I actually got to try out real windsurfing, not just balncing ot a board and it was AMAZING. I mean I wasn't even doing that well but I liked it just.. it can't be explained you have to try it out to know what i'm saying. On the next day I tried out just surfing/small waves of course/ and at the beginning it wasn't very appealing but when I managed to catch my first way it was beyond awesome and it wasn't even such a big wave. This made me even more keen on surfing because I can't even imagine what it would be to surf a big wave, it's beyond compehention and this makes surfing one of the most exciting sports ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment