Thursday, December 17, 2009

X-Mas X-Mas X-Mas


Today is my last day of school and the winter vacation begins. I am like super exited because I've been waiting for this for so long and not just because I've come to the point where I can't stand school, but because of the holidays and the fact that I have nothing better to do but to enjoy them. That sounded a bit confusing? Doesn't matter xD. The important thing is that Christmas is coming, after that New Year's and all the great things that go with them. These are my favourite holidays and I like spending them piecefully. On the other hand, these holidays are also about sharing them with other people.


All this talk about Christmas and holidays makes me think about gifts. Personally I don't really care so much about the gifts I get but I get insane while searching for the perfect gift for others. W all get caught up in the all "perfect present" craze. In my opinion, a pefect present to a close friend is a one that shows your affection and that you really know the person. It doesn't have to be expensive, just special. And if Santa doesn't give you what you've hoped for you can always give it to yourself as a Christmas present, if it is something that allows that of course. I mean if you are from the very emotional people and you wish for love for example, I don't recommend getting it yourself. That would be weird. Often times use Cristmas gifts as an exuse to shop more for yourself because you know what you want and why not make a gift to yourself.


Wordle: Christmas


Nevertheless, I have a surfing and snowboarding blog so I would give some gift suggestions regarding to these sports. In Bulgaria where I am right now is very cold so I'm going to start with snowboarding and besides Christmas is supposed to be white and have snow. The first obvious gift idea is a snowboard of course. There are some killer new designes from the top brands like Billabong, Roxy, Rip Curl, Burton... etc. I posted some of the pictures I like but these aren't all. There is just such a variety of snowboards that I bet everyone can find something for themselves and at affordable price. Here is one site that I like. Another suggestion are all the things that come with a snowboard like hat, mask, gloves. If you know that a friend is a keen snowboarder accessories always work and they show the personal style. Gifts don't always have to be materealistic, though. The important thing is to be original and show that you really know the person and what he/she is all about.


Probably now I have to talk about surfing gifts for those that are not hoping for snow these holiday but are having a warm and sunny vacation. You can give one close friend an incredible day surfing. That sounded too santimental, didn't? I am just trying to say that material things are no always what matters. I just hope that the ones who aren't going to have snow keep up with the holiday spiret. After all Santa goes all around the world but visits only the good ones and skips the others who had been naughty. You don't want to be from the ones left all alone but I'm sure that all of you that are reading this have been very good throughout the year and if not, Christmas miracles do happen. Have a great vacation and let the magic of the holidays take over!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Meell :* Thanks for the comment! Vacation began and I haven't seen you for more than a week... I'm starting to miss you! I hope you got your perfect present and I hope you had a great Christmas! Btw WOW! People from 14 different places in the world have been looking at your blog! Good job!
    See you soon Mell :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rali :* Miss U 2! I hope that we will finally have the chance to go ice skating. I've never ice skated before so it should be fun! :D :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that I didn't finished reading all of you posts but as far as I saw this post seems really nice.Even though mostly it's about Christmas it is somehow related to the theme of snowboarding and surfing.I find it very cool and I want to try so I will be happy to read some general advices about beggining to surf and snowboard. The best part of the sidebar is the videos that you've posted because they show the technique of the sport and it's awesome to look the way they do it. An idea for a new post can be posting something again related to these two sports but with more videos. Your sidebar is also very cool but I would like to see more tools ot gadgets so that it would look nicer- like adding a qustion so that others can vote.

    ReplyDelete